1) Plan your workout sessions in advance. Be proactive in carving out your four, five or six hours a week in which you have dedicated to training. Get yourself into a nice little routine so that in six weeks when the rest of the country falls off the fitness wagon....you don't. Watch those around you who vow to "get in shape" this year; most will start to lose motivation by Valentines Day. Help them (and build in accountability for yourself) by inviting them to work out with you and keep each other on track long after the (what I call) the six-week-slack.
2) Find a super cool water bottle/jug/container and drink the toxins right out of your system. How much? HALF YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN OUNCES. Every.24.hours.
3) Write down a couple of goals for the next few months. Be specific! Examples:
- I plan to achieve running three miles without stopping by March 1st (go ahead and add a time on that if you want)
- I will eat two fruits and two vegetables of my choosing every day for the next four weeks (Many find it hard to meet this nutritional minimum)
- I would like to lose six pounds by the end of January
- I will cut my coffee intake back to two cups per day until April 1st.
- I want to prove to myself that I can attend class without absences (pending no illness) for three straight weeks.
- I choose not to eat out in the months of January or February
- I will download an app and track my food/water/exercise until Valentines Day
HAPPY NEW YEAR!